FSX Steam Edition: Beechcraft T-34C Turbo Mentor Add-On review
Published & copyrighted by Virtavia
Fiftysixtysoftware.com is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
About This ContentThe Beechcraft T-34 Mentor is based on the earlier piston-engine variants produced in the late-1940s. Almost six decades after it was designed, this propeller-driven, single-engine military trainer remains in service, having provided a crucial stepping stone for thousands of student pilots.
The T-34C Turbo Mentor variant was produced in 1973 and is powered by a Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-25 turboprop engine. The Turbo Mentor remained in production right up to 1990.
Developed by Virtavia, the T-34C for FSX: Steam Edition is both realistic and detailed, ideal for training flights and missions
- Fully modelled and flyable front and rear cockpits
- VLE (Visual Load Editor) interface used to toggle wheel chocks, pilots, canopy and exhaust covers and blind-flying hood
- Self-shadowing virtual cockpit with animations and clickable controls
- Audible switch clicks
- Full systems modelling in accordance with NATOPS (Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization) manual, high level of user interaction in virtual cockpit
- Realistic VC night lighting with separate illumination for cockpit, flood and instrument faces
- Inhibition of normal operation if correct procedures are not followed including visual and audible tire damage as well as a canopy fogging effect.
- High quality sound set
- Illustrated 160-page PDF manual
- Pilot figure with user-input animations
- Authentic flight dynamics powered by RealGauge technology :
- Virtual cockpit gauges are 3D models with 3D working parts such as needles & flags
- All gauges are fully mousable with working switch parts
- RealGauge technology provides prefect smooth operation, high FPS & extremely crisp appearance
- All gauges feature custom night time illumination
Note – this aircraft does not include a 2D panel